Saturday, January 30, 2010

My First State Meet

I had my VERY FIRST EVER state meet today. It was at Rutgers, and that is one of my favorite places to have meets. To qualify for states in New Jersey, you have to score a 32 all-around at a sectional. Our gym went to 2 sectionals, but I had the FLU for the first one. I only had one chance to qualify, and I did it!!! Yeah!
Today, vault was first. It is my hardest event!!! I got an 8.35, which is my best score this season on vault. But, I didn't place. Boo-hoo!

After vault, I went to bars. I scored a 9.4, and that cheered me right up! I placed 8th on bars!! Yeah!

Next, I went to beam. I had a good warm-up, which ALWAYS makes my mom VERY nervous. Last year, I had a great warm up at a meet and then fell off the beam THREE TIMES!!! Now, every time I have a good warm-up, she is afraid I will fall!! Hahahahaha!!! Well, I did NOT fall today. I scored a 9.55 and got THIRD PLACE at STATE!!! I was so excited!

My last event was floor. I don't exactly know what happened, but for some reason, I made a wrong turn and had to do the second half of my routine as a lefty. I was terrified the judges would take a bunch of points off my score because of my mess-up. See if you can find Amy, my sweet coach, pointing to the middle of the floor. She was telling me which direction to go because I had NO IDEA! It is funny now, but at the time, I was so upset. So, you can imagine how happy I was when I got a 9.25! It was good enough for 11th place!

My overall score was a 36.525. And, I got 11th place all-around at my first state meet!

I had a lot of fun this season. At first, I really missed my teammates and gym back in Texas. I still do - so here's a big shout out to EAGLE GYMNASTICS and Coach Velvet, Coach Ashley, and Coach Nathan!!! I miss y'all, and you still ROCK!!!

It isn't easy going to a new gym, but the coaches and gymnasts at ENA made me feel so welcome. I had great coaches (AMY, PEI PEI, ALICIA, and ASHLEY), and made some great friends this season, and I am lucky to have such a great team!! I am looking forward to the off season to work on new skills, like back tucks, front tucks, free hip circles, and that darn VAULT!!!

4 comments:

  1. Chloe you are AWESOME!!! Way to go and congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chloe . . . you are AMAZING!! So proud of you and all your HARD HARD work and fun ;_) Go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chloe, I am soooo proud of you. I loved watching your videos. You are amazing!
    Patty Oeffinger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Chloe! I watched your videos from your state meet. You were awesome! Keep up the good work! You're a winner! Miss you. Love, Mrs. Buffington

    ReplyDelete